Get Fit with Dons

Aninformation site on health, fitness and lifestyle. From time to time I find certain information that I find useful and share with others. Especially myths within training.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Welcome & Introduction

I have always been a curious person. Having an interest in food and exercise from such a young age has defnitely moulded me for the level headed person I am today when it comes to "diets". Who would of thought that all these fad diets would control our lives and be Friday night topics of conversation/debate at the local pub or restaurant?

When did we start to not trust our own minds but start believing all the hype that is published in magazines and put on television? Oh Cosmopolitan said that carbs make us fat, so this must be true, when they know that carbohydrates WILL NOT MAKE YOU FAT! FAT makes you fat.. and so on and so forth.

So my idea/goal/hope is to have an information blog about those kind of queries we debate/argue/are brainwashed on a daily basis, going back to basics and hopefully educating others and myself along the way.

My knowledge of food and exercise ranges from competing in sports from a young age, from swimming, netball, basketball, hockey, golf to weight training in my local gym with friends who are bodybuilders. I am lucky to have learnt about free weight training and how to fuel your body without all the hype of carbs v protein etc. It goes back to simple basics of what the body requires to function on a daily basis before you start adding exercise, stress etc.

I am interested to learn from other people about experiences they have had, the questions they have about exercising and diet... the best way to find out about things is to ask people. I am completing my Certificate III in Fitness Training through FIA and then will continue to do the Level 4 Certificate in Personal Training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home